Friday, November 9, 2012

Mock-Up: Dash Misc. - ECM Mount, HVAC, etc. (October 1 - 6, 2012)


ECM mount - This is located on the underside of the dash in the center, towards the firewall.  I made a simple plate with 4 studs for the ECM to mount on.






A/C hoses under dash - I discovered on my last project that mocking up all the HVAC ducting ahead of time is the only way to go.  You don't realize how fast the real estate in your dash area fills up.













Clutch stop - I fabricated a clutch pedal stop from a piece of 3/4" square tubing and a bump stop sourced from McMaster-Carr (my favorite shopping place).  








Dakota Digital VHX gauges & bezel - This seems like a no-brainer, but upon the test fit, I discovered that the dash structure was tweaked.  Had I not tried this beforehand, I would of already performed all the paint and body on the dash, only to discover it wouldn't fit.  




Bulkhead fittings for A/C lines & dryer mount

View from inside the car









No comments:

Post a Comment