Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mock-Up: Front Seat Mounts (October 7 - 12, 2012)


Today I fabricated mounts for the Cerullo Sport SC seats.  The seat mounting brackets that were in the car were installed by the previous owner when the floor pan was replaced.  Apparently he did his own thing, as they didn't even fit the stock seats without adapters.  So out they came.   





These are the mounting brackets Cerullo provides.  I began by leveling them.  The outboard used the existing holes.  For the inboard mounting, I had to fab some mounting blocks.  





I attached the blocks to a 12 ga. plate so that when I welded them in, I could pick up the floor reinforcements.  















Driver's side complete





Right side, same drill.













Oddly enough, to keep everything level with the driver's side, I had to add a spacer to the right rear mounting point.





Right seat bracket is level.  







Verifying both seat brackets are level with each other.









Both sides complete







No comments:

Post a Comment