Friday, November 9, 2012

Mock-Up: Fuse Block Mount & Steering Column Mount (September 29, 2012)


Today I made some modifications to the firewall reinforcement plate to accommodate mounting the fuse block.  I added a small extension tab to the lower lefthand side for the American Autowire fuse block to mount on.  I like this fuse block because it's compact and it has a cover.  I had to open up the fuse block to flip the fuse panel so it wouldn't be upside down and so the wires would exit at the top.  






Here is the fuse block in place.  I cut a new hole to the left for the forward bulkhead fitting.  This fitting will only be used for front end lighting and cooling fans.  All of the engine connections will go through 2 Deutsch bulkhead connectors.  More on that later. 







Steering column mount - since the clutch is a hydraulic unit, it doesn't use the stock rod that goes through the firewall to the clutch linkage, so I plan on filling the upper area of the firewall above the steering column.  In this picture, you can see the hole the previous owner punched for his failed attempt at clutch master cylinder mounting.  





First I split the steering column closure plate in half and incorporated the Iditit lower steering column mount.  




I scavenged some rubber bulb strips from work, which made a cool way to isolate the column from the mount.  




Finished mount in place.  The hole in the firewall will be filled.  



No comments:

Post a Comment