Friday, November 9, 2012

Mock-Up: EFI Fuse/Relay Box Mount (September 30, 2012)


This will be the mounting for the ginormous fuse/relay box that GM uses on their crate engine control packages.  It's really pretty cool as it's a production piece, just kinda large.  It's actually rated to be mounted in the engine compartment if you like, but I'm trying to keep that area clean and uncluttered so I'm mounting it under the dash.  I started by removing the actual fuse panel from the enclosure, so I didn't have to fight the wiring harness.  I began by making a poster board template. 





Transferred the template to a piece of 16 ga. sheetmetal and formed it up on my high tech sheetmetal brake.  LOL





This is the formed up mounting bracket.




Next I drilled 4 holes in the enclosure to attach it to the bracket.










This is the complete unit, looking up under the dash on the driver's side.  




No comments:

Post a Comment