Tuesday, June 5, 2012

DSE Rear Suspension Install, Day 2 (June 2, 2012)


 Today I worked on removing the stock inner wheel wells in order to make room for the new deep tubs.


First I had to cut the trunk flanges.










Then I used the provided DSE template to trace the outline for the cut out of the seatback brace.  






Both sides of the seatback brace were rusty so I will have to do some repairs on those later.  First and only rust found so far.  Nothing major...easy fix.






Next was the template for the wheel well cut out.






More cutting






Rough cut for inner wheel well removal.  If you look close, you can see the marking for the full cut out.






Tape shows original 12" width - new opening will be 15".






Tomorrow I will finish cutting the rest of the wheel well.









No comments:

Post a Comment