Sunday, November 17, 2013

Final Suspension Adjustments (November 16 - 17, 2013)


Now that we have the engine harness bug worked out, we can go back to finishing this puppy up!

Re-checked the pinion angle (2 degrees down per DSE spec). After that, I torqued the control arms and the pan hard bar. These are torqued with the vehicle at ride height and the weight on the suspension. I also adjusted the driveline angle. This was done by adding a shim under the trans mount. When I fabricated the trans crossmember I intentionally set the angle a degree further down so I would have some range to adjust the driveline angle up or down.


   

Greasing the front end with Mobil One synthetic grease.




Torquing the lug nuts.




Here she sits in daylight for the first time in a while. Nice thing is that I didn't have to push her out!!!




And her first journey, just a short move from the lift area to the other side of the shop where I will have more room to work on the rest of the build.



No comments:

Post a Comment