Saturday, September 22, 2012

Mock-Up: Gas Pedal Mount (September 4 - 7, 2012)


Today I fabricated the gas pedal mount.

Started with a paper template.  There are 3 mounting holes for the pedal assembly and a clearance hole for a portion of the pedal assembly that protruded beyond the mounting tabs.  I plan to attach to the firewall on the right side and to my firewall reinforcement plate on the left side.  



Transferred the template to the 14 ga. metal and marked it where it needed to be bent.  




Here's the bent bracket.  Fortunately for me, I have a sheet metal brake at work.  









Pedal assembly attached




Test fit





Whoops!  Good thing I decided to test fit the DSE select-a-speed wiper motor.  I had to make a slight adjustment for clearance.







I used 1/4-20 press nuts for the pedal assembly attachment.  







For the right side, I plug welded a piece of 3/16" steel to the tunnel so that I could tap 1/4-20 holes.  The left side hole will attach to the firewall reinforcement.  Here I have just tapped the plate but when I remove it, I will add another press nut.  





Finished product













No comments:

Post a Comment