Saturday, September 8, 2012

Mock-Up - Parking Brake Handle (August 13, 2012)


Today I mounted the parking brake handle.  


First I put the driver's side bucket seat in the car in order to figure out the location of the parking brake handle.















Although the instructions indicated to mount these brackets from the top side, I wanted a cleaner look.  So I installed press nuts into the holes in the brackets so I could mount it on the bottom and screw it from the top.  




Much cleaner look.  No exposed brackets.  I wrapped foam around the handle to keep from scratching it up.  



With the handle in it's upright position, it's still well below the seat height.  




Here I am welding on a bracket to mount the parking brake cable support.





Parking brake cable support screwed to the bracket I welded in. 





No comments:

Post a Comment