Friday, October 12, 2012

Mock-Up: Defroster Vents (September 12 - 13, 2012)


Today I mounted the defroster vents.  Vintage Air intended for the defroster ducts to mount with self-tapping screws into the cowl area.  I wasn't too cook with the idea of drilling holes into the cowl for two reasons - leaks and didn't want to see screws in the cowl area, looking from the outside.  So I took inspiration from the DSE project pics.  I made my own adaption of their version using the Vintage Air supplied ducts.  I started with a pan that I formed up.  This will cover the area underneath both defroster grills and the factory speaker grill area in the dash.  





These are the Vintage Air defroster ducts, which will attach to the pan.




The silver marks are where I will trim the ducts.








Test fit




This is the pattern for the actual duct opening in the pan.










I welded tabs on to attach the pan to the dash top.






I am using button head screws through the dash, which will be covered by the dash pad.


No comments:

Post a Comment