Friday, December 27, 2013

Final Assembly - Front Sheetmetal, Part 1 (December 20 - 23)


Here is where I mounted the horns (one on each side) I wanted them out of sight. All I had to do was to enlarge the mounting hole on the horn bracket to 7/16".

  
   



  
Lining up the fenders.








  

Grille valance is next.


  

During mock up I had the DCC cooling fan controller on a temporary bracket behind the grille. I needed to have everything up front in place to determine the exact mounting location.





Decided on this location. It is hidden behind the headlight bucket and the bumper. I can easily get to the adjustment pot by reaching up behind the bumper. The unit is weather tight.





Picked up a new grille as the one that came with the car was a bit flattened out at the peak in the middle.








Adding the embellishment :)





I will be blacking out the front of the air filter.





Headlight buckets are next.





These are the DSE Bright Driver headlights. Very well made H4 conversions.







Driver's side trim.





Quick headlight test.





Passenger side trim.











No comments:

Post a Comment