Monday, December 16, 2013

HVAC Lines, Part 2 (December 11 - 12, 2013)


This post will cover the lines that run from the bulkhead fitting on the inner fender well to the engine.

Heater Hoses - Here you can see the stainless o-ring to MPT fittings in the water pump. I removed the pressed in nipples and used a pipe tap to thread the holes for the fittings. I began at the pump with a 90 degree fitting.


   

And another 90 at the bulkhead connector.





2nd heater hose.





Next up were the A/C lines. In the last post I mentioned that I wasn't going to be able to use the "standard" service port fittings due to a clearance issue. I sourced a set of weld-on service ports from Roy at Vintage Air. I played around with either locating them as shown here.


  

Or, as shown here.





I decided to located them this way, thinking it was a cleaner look than the first choice.





New ports welded in place.







And after cleaning them up and re-finishing.







Attaching the line.


  

High side line complete.


   


Low side complete.





Next up will be the lines to the evaporator and heater core inside of the firewall.

No comments:

Post a Comment