Sunday, August 5, 2012

Mock-Up - Engine, Trans & Trans Tunnel Modifications, Day 1 (July 22, 2012)


Today we attempted our first test fit of the engine & transmission.  


I started by cutting out the old tranny tunnel, installed by the previous owner for the TKO.
















Looks better already...pretty much held in by seam sealer.






Then we bolted the tranny onto the engine, no clutch.








Next I put on the DSE motor mounts.






Attached motor mount stands to the frame






In she goes!






Tranny tunnel needs to be trimmed, just as I figured it would.






So we pulled the engine & trans back out and started working on the tranny tunnel.


First I had to remove the bucket seat mounting brace, which was installed by the previous owner.  Good thing I took it out because it was barely welded in!








Then I cut out a small section of the existing tranny tunnel.






Next I spent some time scrapping off all the old goop the previous owner used to hold the patch in place.

















No comments:

Post a Comment