Friday, June 21, 2013

Bodywork on Dash (March 30 - 31, 2013)


This post covers the finish work to the dash, which is basically a skim coat over the areas I performed metal work. I also welded and filled all the holes in the bottom portion as well.

Applying body filler

  
   
First pass with 180 grit















I filled the concave area here so the vent will sit flush. Not shown is a small filler I welded in to fill this corner of the opening for the instrument cluster. It had been cut out (by previous owner) to fit the dash insert he used. In the next pic you can see it all smoothed out.








Applying a coat of Z-Chrome







Sanded this with 220




Second coat of Z-chrome




Wet sanded with 400 grit. The reason I wet sanded it was to keep the mess down.







Ready for topcoat





No comments:

Post a Comment