Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Unmask Car (April 4, 2013)


SWEET!  Finally get to unwrap the body! It has been covered up for 11 months. If it wasn't for pictures I would have forgotten what it looked like!  I have received a few questions regarding the masking tape. I had a similar amount of "mask time" on another project. I found that it you are patient and careful you can safely remove the tape without damage. I use a heat gun to soften the adhesive as I pull the tape. Keep in mind if you have somewhere that the paint was not properly applied it will probably come up. And that would happen no matter how long or short of a time the tape was in place.

  
  

























Unmasking the suspension mounts.




  

A little heat for the tape.















Here you can see how nicely the bedliner spray laid down and how the gloss (or lack of) looks.






  




  

Ok, time to build a car!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment