Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Wiring - Under Dash Misc., Part 1 (July 15 - 21, 2013)


These are various pics relating to the under dash wiring. I will add some comments to help them make sense.

This is a mounting bracket for the control box for the VHX dash.

  
  



This is the bracket in place. This will be just behind the gauge cluster. 







Here I have disassembled the American Autowire fuse box. I had previously separated it from the rest of the harness earlier. I am identifying and marking the individual circuits. I will be re-configuring to meet my design for the harness.
  



Upgrading the battery feed wire to 8 ga.









Removing the terminals from the headlight switch. I will be building my own set up for this. With the outboard a/c vent there is not enough room to use the OEM connector.





Revised fuse block next to the separated bulkhead connector. The bulkhead connector will only be used for the front lights and some connections to the cooling fan controller.






The bulkhead connector. This location is a bit outboard from the original.





Revised fuse panel and bulkhead connector mounted.





Here you can see the fuse panel, bulkhead connector, Packard EFI fuse relay box and just to the left the relay block I made earlier.







Here is the clutch safety switch. The switch  is actually for a '69 A-body application. More on the mounting in an upcoming post.







There will be (4) used circuits from the fuse panel for future additions. I have marked them with the corresponding circuit #'s. These will be secured to the outter part of the harness.





Routing the wires to the various destinations.





Here I am adding a connector to the leads that run from the DSE wiper harness to the relay block. This way I can remove the wiper harness without removing the relay block from the car.
  





Starting to clean up the harness.





Dosen't look like much yet but it's getting there!









More to come in the following posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment