Sunday, January 19, 2014

Power Windows & Door Weatherstripping (January 9 - 12, 2014)


Time to get all of the glass and weatherstripping put in. These are the vent window assemblies after they were restored by Don's East Coast. I have to take a minute to compliment Don and his staff. I got these back in 3 weeks. Everytime I called, I spoke directly with Don. He knows his stuff and is great to deal with. I did not need to re-chrome so that helped a lot with the quick turn around and kept the cost down. They buff all of the brightwork, blast and re-paint the glass run channels, replace the glass run fuzzies and replace all of the weatherstripping, use the correct rivets (and appropriate tools).

  







Now for the fun....adjusting windows is not my idea of fun. These cars weren't perfect when new, and 40+ years later things have moved even more. So it is a process of the best compromise to get the windows to move freely and close tightly against the seals. A lot of trial and error to get the best results.

So the vent window assembly goes in first.







Door glass is next.





And the adjusting begins....If you have OCD (and I probably do!) this will drive you crazy or at least entice you to consume a few cold adult beverages!







Looks good so far but will need to see how it fits up to the rear side 
glass.





Same on the passenger side.





I was very pleased with the Nu-Relics power window kit.
Fit perfectly and works very smoothly.







Time for the weatherstripping.  I went with Soff-Seal. I have had good luck with their stuff on other projects.















Door weatherstripping.







Repeat on the passenger side.









Played around with all of the windows for a while to get everything to seal up.













No comments:

Post a Comment