Monday, January 27, 2014

Trunk Dynamat (January 19 - 21, 2014)


Time to finish up the Dynamat in the trunk area. I had applied the Dynamat to the forward area earlier so I could mount everything that was to go in the shelf area just behind the rear seat. I have found that it is better to buy the bulk packs. The reason is that the sheets are not folded for shipment. When it gets folded, it creates wrinkles and creases that you can't work out. For me (Mr. OCD) that meant a lot went in the trash.


   

This is the area I did earlier. I will do the rest of the trunk floor to help with road and exhaust noise.


   

This is a whole sheet. Worked well here since the space is pretty simple. Did not make a template.





Made a template for the side area.











Filling in the rest.


  

Dynamat Extreme complete.







Next up is 1/4" Dynaliner. This helps with low frequency noise and heat. For now the plan is to cover the shelf area only. There is a plan for the rest of the trunk floor, to be disclosed later......

Made a template as before.









No comments:

Post a Comment