Thursday, July 11, 2013

Hanging the Doors (May 5 - 7, 2013)


Pretty basic stuff here. I had bought a new set of hinges before I found the actual problem with the cowl. So since I had them I decided to put the new ones on since we were down this far. I began with a coat of Eastwood 2 part aerosol primer. Followed with Eastwood 2 part gloss black.

  
   









Went back with a new set of hardware as well.





Mounting the hinges to the door.







Taped up the jamb to protect the body. I like to use a couple of paint stir sticks on the bottom jamb to get close on the adjustments. 





Checking and adjusting.







Lined up without alot of fuss. The door isn't closed all the way in this pic.







The door lines up well but I need to do some adjustment to the stainless window trim as it sits a bit too high.




  

Same drill on the passenger side.




   
   

Nice to see her with the doors and trunk lid back on !  :O)


    






No comments:

Post a Comment