Monday, July 29, 2013

Wiring - Relay Mount (July 6, 2013)


I had some left over Modublocks from a previous project so I decided to use them to make a relay mount for the flasher relays, horn relay, DSE wiper relay, reverse lock out relay and the dome light delay module. I am using an American Autowire Nova harness, mainly because I like the compact fuse box. The downside to that is that you end up with 3 relays that are part of the harness, not part of the fuse box,  and these would just have to be tied up somewhere. The mounting spot is parallel to the GMPP fuse/relay box. The location is just the right size and shape but the mounting feet (plastic tabs) didn't fit the contour right so I made a small bracket from 16 ga. steel.





These are 4 of the blocks, the 5th one will be the dome light delay and there will be one more block as well (at his point I recalled I needed one for the reverse lock out solenoid too.  Wasn't reading my notes !!)
    



I attached the bracket with some short 6-32 screws and nuts. The nuts are in the cavities and are isolated from anything that will be energized.








  

Here I am adding the wiper relay to the block assembly. Not shown in these pics is a weatherpack connector I later added so that the wiper harness can be removed without taking this assembly apart.




More on this to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment